14.09.2009

Appartment Detail No. 1

Last Saturday the whole family gathered in my new flat in Leipzig. My parents had rented a big "transporter" and brought the bed, the desks, the mattresses and so on. Even my sister took the train from Berlin and helped organizing the books (a highly scientific undertaking in my family, especially with my sister). The thing I want to show to you today: the bathroom cupboard, made by my grandpa. We 'rescued' this wonderful little shutter cabinet from our cabin in the Ore Mountains where it was standing all alone just holding rotten shoes ;-). After a good time of cleaning and scrubbing as well as chasing away spiders it now starts a new life as bathroom cabinet full of towels! I love reusing old furniture! How about you?

buechereinraeumen

Letzten Samstag hat sich also meine ganze Familie in der Wohnung in Leipzig versammelt. Meine Eltern hatten einen großen Transporter gemietet und brachten Bett, Schreibtische, Matratzen etc. Sogar Toni kam mit dem Zug aus Berlin und wir ordneten die Bücher (eine höchst wissenschaftliche Angelegenheit in unserer Familie und vor allem für meine Schwester :-)). Heute möchte ich aber den Badschrank zeigen, der von meinem Opa vor mehr als 20 Jahren gebaut wurde. Wir haben das Schränkchen aus unserer Hütte im Erzgebirge 'gerettet', wo es einsam und allein herumstand und vor sich hin rottende Schuhe beherbergte :-). Die Holzwurmlöcher in den Einlegeböden waren zu zahlreich, um zu zählen :-). Nach einer Weile schrubben, wischen und Verfolgungsjagden nach Spinnen, konnte es aber sein neues Leben als Badschrank voll mit Handtüchern beginnen. Ich liebe es, solch alte Möbel wieder neu zu benutzen und umzufunktionieren! Wie steht's mit euch?

badschrank

3 Kommentare:

Yvonne - Frl. Klein hat gesagt…

Das Schränkchen sieht toll aus und macht sich super im Bad!!!
GLG und eine schöne Woche, Yvonne

Mon Café Couture hat gesagt…

Theresa I wish you luck with your new flat. I hope you enjoy. We are also moving at the end of the month into a house. Youpiii! I just wanted to tell you I loved the interior design pictures you've picked as ideas for your new home. So sophisticated and simple but cosy. I hope you manage to create the same atmosphere. See you soon.

Unknown hat gesagt…

Your shelves are so beautiful & tall! I love your grandpa's stack of drawers as well. Mixing special pieces of old furniture in with new stuff is so beautiful and adds depth and style. Your new apartment is so exciting!!! I'm really happy for you, Theresa!
xox,
Linnea