13.02.2009

Just like in my Blog-header ;-)

Marie Claire Decembre 2008 - Winterquilt
Hey everyone!
I am home for a few days between my exams and enjoying the wonderful togetherness with my mom and dad. Right now Mom is going through old fashion magazines, searching for a pattern... so it's the most cosiest situation I can think of. I studied a little for my last exam, catching up on my emails (good feeling!) and finally update you guys. The last weeks were horrible because I am such a bad study-time-person. I always get all depressed, eat too much and cannot think of anything else than the exams. This year it was even worse because I really didn't want to study due to horrible and boring classes and thus you may ask any detailed question about any season of "Friends" ;-) - if you get what I mean.
I am just so happy that the major work is done and I am so much looking forward to moving to Berlin!

Well, I started my little mini-vacation at home with a few hours on the hillside. I hadn't been snowboarding for almost four years and wanted to try if I am still able to drive. It was a beautiful day with lots of snow in Holzhau (the name of the little place in the Ore Mountains where we go snowboarding). My sore muscles today are also quite impressive :-)
Holzhau
Hallo!
Derzeit bin ich für ein paar Tage zu Hause in Freiberg und kann die wunderbare Anwesenheit meiner Mutter genießen (auch die meines Vaters, wenn er mal zu Hause ist und nicht arbeitet ;-). Gerade sucht meine Mutter alte Modezeitschriften für einen passenden Schnitt durch ... also so ungefähr das Gemütlichste, was ich mir vorstellen kann. Ich muss noch ein wenig für meine letzt Prüfung nächste Woche lernen, eMails beantworten (gutes Gefühl, das mal wieder zu machen) und endlich hier mal wieder schreiben. Die letzten Wochen waren richtig doof, weil ich so ein furchtbarer Lernzeit-Mensch bin. Ich werd immer ganz depressiv, esse viel zu viel und kann an nichts anderes als an die Prüfungen denken. Dieses Jahr war es noch schlimmer, weil ich dazu noch überhaupt keinen Elan und keine Motivation verspürte für die langweiligen Fächer zu lernen. Stattdessen ... nun, wenn ihr irgendwelche Detailfragen zu "Friends"-Episoden habt, kann ich euch bestimmt weiterhelfen ;-) - wenn ihr wisst, was ich meine. Ich bin ja so froh, dass der Hauptteil geschafft ist und ich mich jetzt bald auf den Umzug nach Berlin freuen und vorbereiten kann.

Snowboarden in Holzhau

Ich startete meinen Miniurlaub mit wenigen Stunden auf dem Hang. Ich bin seit bestimmt vier Jahren nicht mehr snowbaorden gewesen und wollte probieren, ob ich es noch kann. Es war ein wirklich wunderschöner Tag mit viel Schnee im kleinen erzgebirgischen Skiort Holzhau. Der Muskelkater heute kann sich auch sehen lassen ;-)

Snowboarden in Holzhau

Talking about winter (which is easy with the weather outside and less 'painful' than thinking of spring and not getting any ;-)): don't you love this quilt which was featured in marie claire's idée of December 2008? I would love to do one like this once in my life but right now I think it's too complicated ... or a challenge!

Apropos Winter (darüber nachzudenken ist jedenfalls besser als über den Frühling, der sich einfach nicht einstellen will): ist dieses Quilt, welches in der Marie Claire idées Dezember 2008 abgebildet war, nicht einfach wundervoll? Ich würde so eines so gern einmal machen, aber wahrscheinlich wär's noch zu schwierig für mich ... oder eine Herausforderung!

Marie Claire Decembre 2008 - Winterquilt

Marie Claire Decembre 2008 - WinterquiltMarie Claire Decembre 2008 - WinterquiltMarie Claire Decembre 2008 - Winterquilt

2 Kommentare:

Millie Motts hat gesagt…

What a beautiful quilt. Good thing sewing drives me nuts or I might have delusions of grandeur!

Theresa, thank you *SO* much for your kind words about my blog. I'm sorry for the delayed response as I've not been near a computer for a few days. I very much appreciate your thoughtfulness!

All the best,
Gina (Millie)

Jan hat gesagt…

I am so excited to have found your blog through Millie Motts! I can practice my German (which needs it) and enjoy what you write, also. I love the ski quilt!!