01.09.2008

Meine Drupatasche - my Drupa bag

01092008303

In June friends of mine and I went to the Drupa 2008 in Düsseldorf. This is the biggest fair for print and media industry in the world - and it really IS enourmous. It only takes place every fourth year (kind of like Olympia ;-)). You can see all the big printing units and machines (that's what I actually study in Stuttgart) and you can also pick up hundreds of posters, postcards and other give-aways. Among my treasures was a big poster from HP, printed on a kind of sturdy fabric (like a canvas cover). When I came home after this event my mom had a great idea: she wanted us to make a bag out of this poster. Today, I guess - no I am sure, she could have kicked herself for this suggestion because she absolutely hates sewing bags ;-). Well, I am thrilled with the result and cannot wait to carry my new bag around!

Drupa bag

Im Juni habe ich mit einigen Freunden aus der Hochschule die Drupa 2008 - die größte Messe der Print-/Druckindustrie der Welt - besucht. Sie findet nur aller vier Jahre statt und wird manchmal als sogenannte "Olympiade der Drucker" bezeichnet. Dort kann man dann alle möglichen Druckmaschinen von Heidelberger oder manroland anschauen (übrigens studiere ich DAS - also Druckmaschinen, Druckverfahren, ...) und sich jede Menge Poster, Postkarten und andere Messegeschenke mitnehmen. Unter meinen Schätzen befand sich also auch ein großes Poster von HP, welches auf eine Art LKW-Plane gedruckt war. Als ich damit nach Hause kam, hatte meine Mutter die tolle Idee eine riesige Tasche daraus zu nähen. Heute hätte sie sich allerdings für diesen Vorschlag in den Hintern beißen können, denn sie HASST es, Taschen zu machen (im Gegensatz zu mir). Nun ja, ich bin jedenfalls vom Ergebnis begeistert und kann es kaum erwarten, wie sich mein rosa Ungetüm im Alltag bewährt!

01092008305

1 Kommentare:

Kari hat gesagt…

That is such a brilliant use of 'found' material. Love it!